How to care for your jewelry and make them a life long accessories.
Your jewelry needs some TLC, just like you do! Here are some ways to care for your jewels and gems:
- Store your jewelry individually in an airtight container to prevent oxidation (natural chemical reaction of metal and oxygen) and chipping.
- To keep your silver and gold shinny, use an untreated or dry polishing cloth. NEVER rub on the gemstone, as it may scratch it.
- Avoid damp and hot conditions (bathroom, heating vents or windowsills) as it can cause the jewelry to oxidize faster.
- Protect your jewellery by avoiding contact with hard soaps, perfumes, lotions, makeup and hair products etc.
- To clean your gems, put them a bowl of lukewarm water and add a drop of soft hand soap or natural dish liquid detergent, rub, then rinse under water. Let the jewelry air dry on a clean surface.
If you would like a complimentary jewelry cleaning, stop by one of our Sunseeker Jewelry retailer.